Tuesday, December 18, 2007

SGC Singles' Christmas Party

Every year Sovereign Grace has a Singles' Christmas party. This year was my first time being able to go to one. I was so excited. The team (Peter, Lizzy, and Jonathan) that thought of all the details for the party did an awesome job. It kind of had a modern flair to it. There were sheets painted with black paint hung from the ceiling, a huge chandelier/sculpture made out of 500 hangers, and glass vases on all the dinner tables filled with goldfish. Everything looked beautiful. The food was also delicious too- baked chicken, "christmas corn", new potatoes, mixed vegetables, turtle cheesecake, and yummy peppermint cheesecake. It was a great night of fellowship, food, and entertainment (some of the singles sang and played guitar for us while we were eating). Our pastor, Eric, also gave a little message reminding us who this season is really about; our Savior and King, Jesus.
The artist of the sheets, Jonathan, said he got inspired by watching the smoke rise from the insense burner in his room. I think that is exactly what it looks like too.
Rach and I. Natasha and I.
My friends Teresa and Preston.
My friend Kevin.
The hanger chandelier.


6 comments:

Lizzy said...

Woah! Your brother's reading Pride & Prejudice?! That's amazing!!! hee hee

The Richards said...

Hey Lizzy!! I'm glad you found our blog....another person to look at it :)As you can see, I certainly have not figured out all the fancy things you can do to the blog :) Maybe I'll see ya tomorrow at the Christmas Eve service :)

Kaitlin

Lizzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Richards said...

o.....i just figured out that comment wasn't from Lizzy...lol..., but from you girls, Jap and Rach......I thought maybe it was you girls :) luv ya
Kait

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

those decorations were neat