Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fall Baking

I(Kaitlin) love to bake.......especially dessert stuff:) Just a couple of days ago I was home by myself, so I decided to make something. We just bought a new fall recipe book and I was surprised to see we had all the ingredients for these cookies. They actually turned out pretty good. I will post the recipe for anyone would like to make them. Note: It calls for lightly browned butter not burnt.....I think I burnt the butter the first time(boy did it stink)so I had to do the butter part twice......I'm certainly not a professinal butter browner:)


Pumpkin Cookies

with Browned Butter Frosting


Cookies
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup pumpkin(just plain ol' pumpkin not pie mix:)
2 eggs
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt


Browned Butter Frosting
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 to 4 tbls. milk
1/3 cup butter


1. Oven to 375. Beat sugars, butter and vanilla in a bowl with mixer on Med. speed. Beat in pumpkin and eggs until well mixed. On low speed beat in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.


2. drop in heaping tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet


3. Bake 10-12 min. or unitl almost no indentioni remains when touched in the center. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.


4. In a med. bowl place powdered sugar, 1tsp. of vanilla, and 3 tbls. milk. Then heat 1/3 cup butter over med. heat in a saucepan until lightly browned. Stir butter constantly to avoid burning.


5. Pour browned butter over powdered sugar mixture. Beat on low speed about 1 min. or until smooth. Gradually add just enough of the remaining 1 tbls. milk to make frosting creamy and spreadable. Generously frost completely cooled cookies.


ENJOY!!(oh and be sure to always lick the bowl and sample the batter while making.....of course, this is must every time you make cookies:)


The finished product


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmm.....sounds good!

The Richards said...

yep......it is :)

Anonymous said...

can I try some?!